Quality is at the heart of everything we do. But don’t just take our word for it. Our accreditations, quality certification, professional qualifications and awards demonstrate our commitment to excellence across our operations.
We have been members of key trade organisations for many years, providing our customers with a benchmark of recognised industry standards. We are members of:
- Construction Line
- The Federation of Master Builders (FMB)
- Contractors’ Health & Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS)
Quality Assured Company:
We don’t just do a good job – we do a great job well. We continually monitor and improve our quality system under our successful ongoing accreditation with the International Quality Standard BS EN ISO 9001.
This helps us ensure that we assess and deliver quality at every stage of every project, from initial meeting through to sign off.
Fantastic customer service is central to our philosophy, and is bolstered by our ISO 9001 accreditation, which puts the customer at the centre of every process. We are aware that increasingly the general public will have a greater say in service provision. This is why our technical staff are trained to liaise with the public for all aspects of highway works.
We were one of the first companies in our sector to gain the international environment standard ISO 14001: 2004 certification.
As part of our ongoing accreditation, we continually monitor and improve our successful Environmental Management System. Key aspects include:
- Waste recycling targets: We have invested in our own recycling facility for concrete, tarmac, fines and soil. We send paper, minerals and waste oils to public recycling facilities. We are always investigating new ways of recycling.
- Utilities consumption: Our transport manager is tasked with optimising our use of electricity, gas, water, diesel and petrol. We are presently investigating new vehicles driven by alternative fuels.
- Commitment to using recycled materials: We have recently reached our target of using 20% recycled materials on our projects and are now looking to improve on this still further. We provide construction materials from registered aggregate manufacturers; where appropriate, we extol the virtues of using recycled aggregates. We are delighted to have recently persuaded a client to use recycled glass sand, verge posts made from reclaimed wood and recycled tarmac on a project.
- Reducing freight miles: We source from local suppliers whenever possible to minimise transportation.
- Commitment across our supply chain: We only use approved suppliers and sub-contractors who can demonstrate that they meet our strict environmental standards. And we undertake regular audits to make sure they are maintaining those standards; in particular, we check fuel storage facilities and noise and dust control methods.
Professionally qualified staff:
- Engineers: Individually, some of our staff have obtained incorporation (I.Eng) through the Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE)
- Project Managers: Some of our Project Managers have obtained qualifications in PRINCE II project management, a National General Certificate of Health & Safety with NEBOSH and New Roads & Street Works (NRSW) with the Highways Agency.
- Investors in People: We are committed to the programme, which enables us to build on our strengths and shows us how we can improve in our recruiting and development.
We are committed to equal opportunities.
The success of our work in contributing to the environment and wellbeing of local communities has been recognised with several awards, including:
- ‘Homezone’ – an award for outstanding design and build of zones to effect traffic calming in the Kingston area.
- ‘Safer routes to school’ – recognition in the press of our contribution towards the traffic calming measures in and around the schools in Brighton & Hove.
- ‘Market Place’ – recognition in the press and by the Mayor for outstanding work in the Market Place, Kingston upon Thames.